Here are some tips to help you gain followers :)
- Have a good theme. If you have a theme that takes a while to load, or a really messy background with a lot going on, chances are, even if your posts are amazing, everyone will be distracted by your background.
- Have a good, somewhat short url. I have changed my url several times, and trust me, having a good url really does help people notice your blog. don’t make it super long like my first url; s-u-m-m-e-r-h-o-e-s. try to stay away from words like ‘hoes’ ‘whores’ ‘hipster’ ‘slut’ ‘nutella’ because, it’s just plain annoying.
- Reblog! Everyone says this is how they gain followers, but truthfully, it is. Reblog promo’s so your blog gets noticed. reblog pictures so more people will see you on their dash. reblog blog of the weeks.
- Have a blog of the week, and make your own promo’s. Once you get to around 1,000 followers you can make a blog of the week post, and it will get your blog noticed a looot, because whenever someone goes to vote for a blog, they see your blog, and usually it’s the same style so they follow you. & once you get to around 500 followers you can start doing small promo’s like first 5 to reblog, stuff like that.
- Stick to a certain theme. Whether it’s summer, boho, surf/skate, hipster, personal, just have a certain theme. a boho blog won’t want to follow a blog that posts both boho and hipster.
- BE NICE TO YOUR FOLLOWERS! Obviously, if you’re rude, no one will want to follow you. simple as that.
- Read people’s FAQ (if they have one) before asking a question. It has got to be the most frustrating thing when people ask me a question that is clearly stated in my faq, like ‘promo me?’ or ‘vote for me?’ chances are, whoever you sent that to will just ignore your question.
- Don’t post hate messages. even if you think you have something really funny to say, and it doesn’t bother you, it’s not worth it. your answer may make you come off as a bitch even if that’s not what you were trying to do, and that just causes more hate, which causes unfollowers. if you see one in your inbox, do your best to just delete it.
- Don’t self promote!! For those of you who don’t know what that means, it’s when you put your url on a picture and write ‘follow if you want more pics like this!’ or ‘follow me and i’ll follow you back’ it’s obnoxious and every time i see someone self-promote on a picture i unfollow them.
I hope i helped you! good luck :*